Next Schedule: Get out of New York in January, get a great sailing vacation, and earn ASA 103 with us in the BVI (Virgin Islands). Trips are Jan. 6-13 (almost full), and January 14-21. Follow the link above, read below, and/or contact us.
Ready to take it up a notch?
After you’ve learned to sail (with us, we hope!), and practiced a little more, you are ready to step aboard a larger boat with more complex gear, hoping for a little sailing action by day and a little fun wherever you land in the afternoon/evening – even if that’s just back where you started.
- Two intensive days. No overnight – we focus on maneuvering
- dusk/night return one day so we use and see running lights, buoys and beacons
- Max 4 students locally in Northeast; max 6 on instructional sailing vacations
- aboard boats in the upper 20’s to low 30’s as appropriate to the students.
- Leads to ASA 103 Basic Coastal Cruising certification. Prerequisite: ASA 101 Basic Keelboat or comparable skills and experience.
Schedules: most are one weekend (no overnight), but we also do weekday schedules on demand and custom weekend, split weekend or combo schedules. Contact us for custom.
Want to see exact dates for this or any other course? Here you go…
Ready to do this? See our scheduling/enrolling page for terms and conditions and how to sign up (call us or enroll & pay securely right from that page).
Questions first? Contact us.
Need to just ‘test out’ to get your piece of paper? You can do a ‘challenge’ of the ASA 103 standard for a fraction of the time and price of the whole course. Contact us to discuss whether this makes sense for you.